Angels, spiritual beings with intelligence and free will, serve as messengers, protectors, and helpers, reflecting God’s glory. Good people, known as saints, reside in paradise, while wrongdoers are in hell.
Despite their role in conveying prayers to God, as stated in the “Angel of God Prayer” and by Archangel Raphael in Tobit 12:15, the Bible explicitly forbids worshipping angels in Revelation 19:9–10 and 22:8–9.
- Angels are presented as spiritual beings with intelligence and free will, serving as messengers, protectors, and helpers and reflecting God’s glory.
- The “Angel of God” prayer is taught to children and intended for daily recitation by believers. It is a request for a guardian angel’s guidance and protection, acknowledging their continual presence and assistance in human lives.
- Engaging with angels involves specific prayers and leading a life that attracts their presence. This includes practices such as maintaining faith, a close relationship with God, obedience to God’s commands, and an active prayer life, all of which are seen as ways to foster a connection with these celestial beings.
- 1 Key Takeaways
- 2 The Angel Of God Prayer
- 3 3 Prayers To The Angels Of God
- 4 What Are Angels In The Bible?
- 5 Summary
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions
The Angel Of God Prayer
Angel of God, my dear guardian, to whom God’s love commits me here, ever this day be at my side, to light and guard, to rule and guide. Amen.
The “Angel of God” prayer, taught to children in Catholic institutions, is a simple plea for a guardian angel’s intercession. It’s a staple of Catholic culture, passed down through generations, acknowledging our guardian angels’ role in ensuring our safety, guiding us to eternal life, and offering protection.
This prayer, meant for daily recitation by all, not just children, recognizes the angels’ influence in our lives, their existence due to God’s love, and their constant gaze upon the face of our heavenly Father, as assured by Jesus.
3 Prayers To The Angels Of God
Angels, as ministering spirits referenced in Hebrews 1:14, serve us in countless ways. They cater to our material and spiritual needs on our journey to salvation, with their ministry taking diverse forms.
Prayer To The Nine Choirs Of Angels
Please keep vigil over us as we navigate this dangerous world.
O heavenly Archangels, be our guides on the way to heaven!
The angelic choir of the Principalities rules over us both physically and spiritually.
O mighty powers, shield us from the demons’ cunning.
Give us bravery and strength in the struggle of life, o divine Virtues.
O strong dominations grant us control over our flesh’s insurrection.
O holy thrones, bring us harmony with both God and man.
O bright Cherubim, shine divine knowledge into our souls.
O flaming Seraphim, fan the flame of altruism in our hearts.Amen.
Prayer To Saint Michael
St. Michael the Archangel,
Please defend us on the day of battle; be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
We humbly pray that God rebukes him.
O prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, cast into hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl through the world seeking the ruin of souls.Amen.
One Last Prayer To The Angels Of Protection
God hath sent thee, my dear angel, to watch over me.
Thou art from heaven.
Oh, hide me beneath your wings.
Please don’t leave me; be close and protect me from the evil spirit.
But more than anything, come to my aid while I fight for my life.
Deliver my heart so I can praise, love, and think about God’s kindness forever and ever with you.Amen.
What Are Angels In The Bible?
Angels, supernatural beings with greater strength and ability than humans, inhabit heaven, or the “spirit realm,” a plane above the physical universe. They communicate God’s will and often respond to our prayers on His behalf.
God used Jesus in creation, including the creation of angels, making Jesus the “firstborn of all creation.” Angels, referred to as “sons of the true God,” were individually created before the earth. They don’t marry or have children.
Each angel is unique, capable of speech, thought, and creating hymns of worship. Some, however, have sinned by aligning with Satan.
Angels watch over the spiritual well-being of God’s followers, but this doesn’t mean God personally assigns an angel to each Christian. They don’t shield believers from all struggles or temptations. Instead, God often provides a way out of struggles by granting knowledge and resilience.
Spiritual beings, present with God, offer our prayers to Him and pray for us. They minister to us and guide us towards salvation. We should interact with them, asking for their prayers and protection in our vulnerable areas, thereby aiding them in their God-given duties.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Can I Pray To My Guardian Angel?
To pray to your guardian angel, follow these steps:
- Find a Quiet Space: Choose a peaceful place where you won’t be disturbed to help you focus and connect during your prayer.
- Relax and Center Yourself: Take deep breaths to relax your mind and body while sitting or kneeling comfortably.
- Begin with a Greeting: Start your prayer by addressing your guardian angel, for example, “Dear Guardian Angel.”
- Express Your Feelings and Thoughts: Share your emotions, thoughts, and experiences openly with your guardian angel.
- Ask for Guidance or Help: Request specific assistance or guidance from your guardian angel.
- Listen for a Response: After praying, stay quiet for a while, being receptive to any feelings, thoughts, or insights.
- Express Gratitude: Thank your guardian angel for their ongoing support and presence in your life.
- Close the Prayer: End your prayer with a closing phrase like “Amen” or any other suitable ending.
How To Talk To Your Guardian Angel?
To communicate with your guardian angel, follow these steps:
- Set a Clear Intention: Begin with a specific purpose or question in mind for the communication.
- Find a Peaceful Environment: Choose a quiet, comfortable place to facilitate a spiritual atmosphere.
- Relax and Center Yourself: Use relaxation techniques like deep breathing, meditation, or prayer to calm and focus your mind.
- Address Your Guardian Angel: Start by directly addressing your guardian angel, using phrases like “Dear Guardian Angel.”
- Speak Honestly and Openly: Share your thoughts, feelings, and concerns without holding back, as your guardian angel is there to support you.
- Listen Attentively: After speaking, listen for responses, which may come as thoughts, feelings, intuitions, or signs.
- Be Patient and Receptive: Be open and patient, as communication might not be immediate or straightforward.
- Keep a Journal: Record your experiences and any perceived responses to track progress and deepen understanding.
- End with Gratitude: Conclude your communication by thanking your guardian angel for their guidance and support.
How To Attract The Angels Of God?
Attracting the angels of God involves several practices:
- Faith: Faith is crucial as it causes things to happen in both the spiritual and natural realms.
- Intimacy with the Lord: Developing a close relationship with God.
- Walking in your Calling: Fulfilling the specific call God has on your life.
- Obedience: Obeying God’s commands.
- Active Prayer Life: Maintaining a consistent prayer life.
- Being Led by the Holy Spirit: Allowing the Holy Spirit to guide your actions.
- Praying for Your Angels: Regularly pray for your guardian angels.
- Attracting the Angels: Working in love and unity with others for the benefit of mankind.