When it comes to trusting God, the Bible is a rich source of help and guidance. In Biblical times, people often faced difficult situations they couldn’t solve on their own, so they turned to God for help.
Christians can learn from these examples of faith and trust in God when our faith is tested. There are many powerful passages in the Bible that give us strength when we are trying to trust God. These passages are meant to be read and meditated upon to help us draw closer to God. We will renew our trust in God as we focus on these words.
What Does The Bible Say About Trust?
The Bible has a great deal to say about trust, and it is clear that trusting in God is of the utmost importance. The book of Proverbs speaks to this very issue in many ways, stating, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding” (Proverbs 3:5). This verse is a reminder that trusting in our understanding and abilities can be futile and that we should look to God for strength.
In addition, Hebrews 11:1 reminds us that faith is the foundation of trust. “Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.” This verse reminds us that trusting in God and His promises will bring hope and strength even when we cannot see our way out of a difficult situation.
Notably, the Old and New Testaments are filled with accounts of individuals who trusted in God despite seemingly insurmountable odds. Noah trusted God to provide a way to escape a flood despite having never seen rain before. Abraham trusted God to provide him with a son, even though he was far beyond his years for fatherhood.
Jesus trusted His Father to guide Him and make known His will, even as He faced persecution and death on the cross. All these accounts remind us that trusting in God is often difficult but also necessary.
What Does The Bible Say About Trusting God?
The Bible has much to say about trusting in God. From the beginning, Scripture encourages us to seek Him, lean on Him, and trust His goodness and mercy. In Deuteronomy 31:6, Moses advised his people: “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you.”
The Psalms are filled with words of comfort and assurance that God is faithful to those who trust in Him. In Psalm 20, we read: “May the LORD answer you when you are in distress; may the name of the God of Jacob protect you. May He send you help from the sanctuary and grant you support from Zion.”
The New Testament is full of examples of Jesus’ followers trusting in God, even when circumstances were dire or felt impossible. In Matthew 8, Jesus calmed a storm by simply saying, “Peace, be still.” This miracle demonstrated the power of trusting God’s ability to overcome adversity.
The Bible also offers us wisdom on trusting God even when our faith is tested. Proverbs 3:5–6 tells us, “Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.” This verse reminds us that we should not rely on our own resources and understanding but rather trust in God, who sees the big picture.
14 Incredible Bible Verses About Trusting God
Trust is an essential element of a relationship with God. When our faith wavers and we feel as though we cannot go on, the Bible reminds us that trust in God is what will bring us through. In these 15 incredible Bible verses about trusting God, we find comfort, assurance, and hope for better days ahead.
- Proverbs 3:5–6: “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.”
- Romans 15:13: “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.”
- Psalm 56:3: “When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
- Isaiah 26:3: “You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you because he trusts in you.”
- Jeremiah 17:7–8: “Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose trust is the Lord. He is like a tree planted by water that sends out its roots by the stream and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit.”
- Psalm 37:5: “Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act.”
- Proverbs 22:19: “Whoever trusts in his riches will fall, but the righteous will flourish like a green leaf.”
- Isaiah 12:2: “Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust and will not be afraid; for the Lord God is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation.”
- Psalm 55:22: “Cast your burden on the Lord, and He will sustain you; He will never permit the righteous to be moved.”
- Proverbs 3:25–26: “Do not be afraid of sudden terror or of the ruin of the wicked when it comes, for the Lord will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being caught.”
- Psalm 112:7: “He is not afraid of bad news; his heart is firm, trusting in the Lord.”
- Isaiah 50:10: “Who among you fears the Lord and obeys the voice of his servant? Let him who walks in darkness and has no light trust in the name of the Lord and rely on his God.”
- Psalm 20:7: “Some boast in chariots and some in horses, but we will boast in the name of the Lord, our God.”
- Hebrews 13:8: “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.”
A Prayer For Trusting God
Your Word assures me that You will never leave me or forsake me. You have promised to be my help in times of need and to uphold me with Your righteous hand. Lord, I am so thankful for this promise that gives me peace as I put my trust in You.
Help me believe what You have said and trust in Your unfailing love. I know that the world is full of uncertainty, but Your Word assures me that my hope is found in You, who never changes. Lord, give me the strength to move forward confidently and courageously, trusting You with every aspect of my life.
Your Word says that You are with me through every trial and circumstance that I may face. Help me to find strength in Your truth, knowing that You will never leave my side. Lord, please guard my heart against the temptation to doubt or fear and fill it with trust instead.
I confess that it can be difficult to see the bigger picture of what You are doing amid a storm, but I still choose to trust You. Help me to stay focused on Your promises and never forget that You are faithful, even when life is hard.
Lord, thank You for being my refuge and strength. Please come alongside me as I journey through each day, trusting in Your perfect plan for my life. In Jesus’ name.Amen.
A Prayer When You Struggle To Trust God
I come to You today in need of guidance and reassurance. I know that You are trustworthy and faith-filled, but I admit that recent events have caused me to struggle with trusting You. In my times of doubt, help me remember the promises You’ve made over my life. Remind me of the truth that You are a good and faithful God who loves me.
I ask for Your grace to help me trust in You, even when I’m feeling discouraged. Don’t let my fear of the future prevent me from putting my faith in You. Help me believe that whatever comes, You will be with me every step of the way.
As I wait patiently for Your guidance, give me the strength to trust in You even when I feel like giving up. Empower me with a spirit of confidence that will help me make decisions and move forward without fear or worry.
Lord, remind me that trusting You includes having faith in Your timing and knowing that however difficult this season may be, it will eventually pass. Help me reflect on the moments when I have experienced Your faithfulness in the past, giving me hope for my future.
God, I thank You for the comfort and support that come with trusting in You. When life feels uncertain or overwhelming, restore my trust in Your unconditional love and perfect plan, in Jesus’ name.Amen.
God wants us to trust in Him as our everlasting rock. When times are difficult and life seems overwhelming, He invites us to put our faith and hope in Him. He promises never to leave us or forsake us, but instead aims to provide for all our needs according to His perfect will and timing.
As the ultimate source of truth, God’s Word is a trustworthy guide for navigating our lives. When we trust in Him, He will provide us with everything we need in life and lead us to an eternity of blessing and the peace of God.