God is always with us. However, out of the billions of people in the world, we just couldn’t help but wonder if God could still see us through.
All of us are burdened with fear and anxiety, and it seems impossible for God to hear each one of us crying for help. There can be times when it feels like everything is falling apart and no one is there to aid you in your plight. In this kind of situation, you might end up thinking that God has abandoned you.
Despite the never-ending challenges that life throws at us, we have more than enough reason to believe that God does indeed keep an eye on us. The Sacred Scripture will make you realize soon that the Almighty Father has been extending His helping hands to us all this time.
What Does It Mean When God Watches Over Us?
The notion that God sees us can be interpreted in many ways. For some people, when God watches over us, it means that He is always present in everything that we do, every step of the way.
It could mean that God is sitting beside us around the breakfast table as we sip our morning coffee. When we say that God is watching over us, it could mean that He is guiding the bus that we’re riding on our way to the office.
It can be a little hard to imagine that God is always around us to keep us safe and sound. If this were the actual case, then God knows every place that we go, and He is also aware of every activity in which we participate. Some might find this hard to believe or even accept, especially for those who prefer to keep everything in their lives private.
However, we should all know that there is nothing we can hide from the eyes of the Lord. This is because our Father is the all-powerful and everlasting God, and He has the power to see the truth in us that no one else could ever possibly do.
We are merely humans, and the way humans watch over something is a lot different from how God does it. In fact, God’s patronage of His creation is very complex. We couldn’t detect God’s presence by only using our human senses. We might not see him physically watching over us, but God has actually been doing this job all this time because God loves us so much.
God is not just watching our every move or tracking us to our respective destinations—God wants to make sure that we always feel safe and loved.
How Does God Watch Over Us?
No other beings have the power and capacity that the Almighty Father possesses to protect His children. No one else comes close to the great lengths that God Himself would go through just to make sure that no evil could ever harm us. The best proof of His undying and unconditional love for us is when He offered His own son, Jesus Christ, for our salvation.
However, some people might expect the same kind of guardianship that we receive from our loved ones. We might expect that God will physically defend us when someone attacks us. In times when we feel like the whole world is against us, God is there to embrace us and take away our sadness.
When these expectations are not met, it is easy to blame God for abandoning us. God made a promise that we would not be alone, but when we experience hardships in life, it would seem that God has already forgotten about His promise.
We must remember that there are other ways to feel our Father’s godly presence. In fact, we are not aware that God has been carrying us all along in our journey, but we couldn’t see this because we were looking somewhere else.
God uses all of His creation to watch over us. We might not see Him giving us the strength that we need to carry on in our battles, but He is the very air that we breathe. He provides us with food and water to boost our energy and spirit. He is the reason that our family and friends exist, and they become our inspiration to work hard every day.
What Does God Watch Us From?
From the beginning of time, there has been evil that wants to wreak havoc in our world. However, God made a promise that this evil would never harm His children. Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, is the fulfillment of this promise. As long as we believe in Christ, this evil cannot lay a finger on us.
The Lord watches over us because evil is only waiting for the right opportunity to destroy us. God knows that the devil will not rest until he gets what he wants. It is the devil who is the endless source of our suffering here on Earth.
Unfortunately, this evil is something that we cannot see or feel at once. Sometimes, it is already too late when we realize that we have already allowed the devil to take over our lives by giving in to temptation.
Ways God Watches Over Us
God makes use of His instruments to keep us company. We can hear God’s voice when a friend calls us out of the blue to make sure that we’re doing fine, for God knows that we are having a difficult time.
When a job opportunity presents itself, it is God who made it possible, for He knows that we need something to get us by financially. Likewise, when we finally find a moment of peace after having a bad day, that is when God gives us a break from all our problems. There are many more instances when God cares for us, but we just fail to recognize Him in those times.
10 Bible Verses To Assure That God Is Watching Over
Upon reading the Bible verses, you will feel safe knowing that God sees everything in our lives and that He is always here to support us no matter what.
- “I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth” (Psalm 121:1–2).
- This passage explains that aid will come to us from God in times of need.
- “He will not let your foot be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, He who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep” (Psalm 121:3–4).
- God is always watching over us, day and night. He never misses a chance to make sure that we are safe.
- “The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade on your right hand. The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life. The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore” (Psalm 121:5–8).
- This is our assurance from our God that He will never let the forces of hell put us in danger. As long as we stay in the light of our Lord, we are protected forevermore.
- “I praise thee; for thou art my refuge and my fortress: I will never be shaken” (Psalm 139:14–15).
- God deserves all the praise for keeping us protected from all our troubles. No darkness can make us tremble as long as we rest in the goodness of our Lord.
- “In my distress, I called upon the Lord; to my God, I cried for help. From His temple, he heard my voice, and my cry to Him reached His ears. Then the earth reeled and rocked; the foundations of the mountains trembled and quaked because He was angry” (Psalm 18:6–19).
- This powerful passage confirms that God always listens to us. In fact, He is not only standing in a corner as we suffer—God also feels our pain and suffering.
- “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging” (Psalm 46:1–3).
- Even though it seems that the world is ending, we can trust that God should be our greatest protector. There is nothing for us to fear as long as God is with us.
- “For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands so that you will not strike your foot against a stone” (Psalm 91:11–12).
- “Though my father and mother forsake me, yet will the Lord take me up” (Psalm 27:10).
- Everyone around us can abandon us, including those we thought were our closest allies. However, God will remain with us.
- “Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God” (Isaiah 41:10).
- “In a desert land he found him, in a barren and howling waste. He shielded him and cared for him; he guarded him as the apple of his eye” (Deuteronomy 32:10).
It is normal to feel alone or scared when trials befall us, but we should always remember that we are not alone in facing these trials. We must be confident that God answers our prayers and that He will never leave us in our personal battles.
In exchange for His never-ending protection and guidance, it is only right to worship God and give him thanks. Even though there are times when we feel broken, there are more reasons to praise our Lord for tirelessly watching over us.