We are constantly encouraged to believe and trust in God. That can be more easily said than done in some circumstances. Occasionally, taking matters into our own hands will make them simpler. Nobody has ever claimed that having faith in God is simple, but it will be worthwhile.
God is aware of everything we are experiencing and will experience in the future. We must trust Him because He knows the right action to take in each circumstance to ensure the best outcome. Because He does, we must take His advice and believe He is the wisest person.
What Is Faith In God?
Knowing that the Lord is good, that He is on your side, and that He is always at work—even when you can’t see it—is what it is to have faith in Him. Faith in God is confidence in Him founded on a correct knowledge of who He is and what the Bible says about Him. Using our own understanding of the existence of God and a life-altering trust in those truths is required for faith in God.
The entirety of the Christian life is lived by faith. Through faith, you are saved. God is pleased when you have faith. After all, Hebrews 11:6 asserts that pleasing God is impossible without faith. By faith, you accept God’s promises found in the Bible.
Some people could just put their faith in God because it seems to sense. They might have grown up in a Christian household where they were taught the Bible from a young age. They trust God because they have witnessed how He has worked in the lives of others.
Others might have only come to religion after carefully weighing the evidence for God. Trusting the God of the Bible, whether consciously or unconsciously, is a sign of true faith. Even if our only source of trust is in the accuracy of our five senses, it is hard to survive without it. The foundation of our faith is what matters.
What Does The Bible Say About Having Faith In God?
It might be challenging to keep the faith when things are tough. It’s difficult to believe in the good when everything in your life appears pointlessly tricky or just downright wrong. But it’s at these difficult times when faith is most crucial.
He said, “Because you have such little faith. If you have even a little faith, you can tell this mountain to move from one place to another. Move from here to there. For you, nothing will be insurmountable” (Matthew 17:20).
My brothers and sisters, whenever you go through trials of all kinds, consider it pure joy because you know that testing your faith produces perseverance. Perseverance must accomplish its task for you to mature, complete, and without gaps (James 1:2–4).
Because of the grace I’ve been given, I’m saying to everyone: Don’t think of yourself more highly than you should; instead, think of yourself with sober judgment, in line with the faith that God has given each of you (Romans 12:3).
Recognize that only by faith in Jesus Christ—not through keeping the law—can a person be justified. The works of the law will explain no one. We have also placed our faith in Christ Jesus to be justified by faith in Christ rather than by the results of the law (Galatians 2:16).
What Happens When You Have Faith In God?
Faith is crucial in Christianity and all of life. For instance, you have faith that a chair will support you every time you sit down on one. You are putting your trust in the chair to keep you upright. Being confident of what you are hoping for and sure of what you have yet to see or experience is faith.
1. It is impossible to please God without faith. Why is faith essential? Because we can’t please God without it, after all. Let’s face it—believing in a God we cannot see and believing He is who He says He demands faith!
Hebrews 11:6 reads, “But without faith, it is impossible to satisfy Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who earnestly seek Him.” And God is pleased.
2. During trials, faith gives us strength. We will encounter challenges because we live in a sinful and fallen world due to our own doing. But, it is our faith that keeps us steadfast amid trying circumstances.
Our faith serves as a shield to keep us safe from our enemy’s plans and ploys, as stated in verse, “above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to repel all the fiery arrows of the evil one.” (Ephesians 6:16).
3. Anything is attainable with our gracious God. He is aware of your heart’s wishes. He will take care of the things you want most if you put your trust in Him. What is best for your life is what He knows.
If you believe reaching your goals will be difficult or even impossible, reconsider. By reading some Bible verses about faith, Jesus answered some questions about it by saying that anything is conceivable. All you need is trust and confidence; He has your back and will support you no matter what.
What Are The Benefits Of Having Faith In God?
Even though life can be challenging at the best of times, faith is the inner certainty that things will improve. When you can’t see the complete staircase, it means moving on to the next step. Simply put, it wouldn’t make sense if we didn’t have faith in life.
1. Faith’s potent force produces abundance. Be sure to have faith in the forefront of your mind because it will straighten your path to abundance. Don’t be a foolish person and hold yourself to the highest standards.
This isn’t about being self-centered or wishing for things inanely; it’s about having genuine, unwavering faith in your heart and soul that things will get better and that you deserve the best. “This triumph has overcome the earth, even our faith, for anyone conceived of God overcomes the universe” (1 John 5:4).
2. Your life’s purpose can be discovered with faith. It can be taxing to go through life with its ups and downs. It’s enough to make you wonder if we even exist sometimes. But faith is what provides us with that helping hand through all of the difficulties we may encounter. It points us on the proper path, leading us in the direction of and enabling us to find our life’s purpose.
3. It serves as a path for locating solutions. The road to seeking answers in eternal life is faith. Remember that people were created to flourish, not just endure. If all you’re doing is surviving, you’re in for much more. All your problems have a solution, which is rooted in faith. We also hope that bigger things are on the horizon.
How To Have A Strong Faith In God?
As a Christian, your ultimate hope is in God’s power, not in the people and situations you find yourself in. One of our most effective tools is prayer, although we frequently overlook it. Prayer is crucial in times of need and to have a good fight against challenges in life.
Moreover, meditation is effective, particularly for Christians. Meditation is not just a mind-clearing exercise. Closing your eyes to the world outside and focusing your thoughts and emotions on prayer and asking for a guide from the Holy Spirit is more of a spiritual discipline.
Your worries will start to subside as you spend more time in God’s Word. The more you read and study the Bible, the less concerned you’ll be about the world around you. Sure, there are moments when it seems as though the world is in crisis, but as a Christian, you know where to find hope in the end.
The society in which we live is complicated. We are passively awaiting the subsequent disaster at times. Your hope as a Believer lies in the Lord, not in external circumstances. When the misery you see overwhelms you, lift your gaze.
Make sure you spend time in God’s Word to center yourself and direct your attention where it needs to be while assessing your spiritual health. You’ll soon discover that because your hope originates from sources outside of this world, you can face the difficulties of modern life with calm and hope.