To live in a state of mindfulness, we need to stay awake in the present moment and be aware of precisely what is happening in our inner and outer world with our consciousness.
However, the human mind tends to get lost in thoughts, repeatedly remembering past events or having anxiety about the future. Practicing mindfulness affirmations can lower stress, create positive energy, and improve our overall well-being, thus, creating a positive mindset.
One method to live in the present is by incorporating positive affirmations as a daily practice. To prove this, there has been neuroscientific research aimed at investigating the changes in the brain when we self-affirm in positive ways.
There is MRI evidence indicating that some particular neural pathways are strengthened when people engage in self-affirmation tasks. Specifically, the ventromedial prefrontal cortex involved in positive valuation becomes more active when we practice positive affirmations.
Read more to find out various ways of practicing mindfulness affirmations which will help create a positive mindset among ourselves.
- 1 How to Practice Mindfulness
- 2 Mindfulness Affirmations for Self-Confidence
- 3 Mindfulness Affirmations for Inner Calm
- 4 Mindfulness Affirmations for Living In The Now
- 5 Mindfulness Affirmations for Success
- 6 Conclusion
How to Practice Mindfulness
To learn how to practice mindfulness and positive thinking, we need to know about mindfulness. The straightforward explanation is that mindfulness is the act of noticing the present moment.
Mindful people will acknowledge everything around them in a positive way. They have control and clarity over their emotions and personal values.
Moreover, they work hard to overcome challenges in life and have a growth mindset. To achieve mindfulness, we should replace our negative self by making positive changes in our lives.
Positive affirmations can help to boost self-esteem and be more confident in achieving our life goals. Daily affirmations work on replacing negative thoughts of fear and anxiety with positive thoughts.
This can help us find our inner peace and focus on whatever we put our minds to.
But it isn’t easy as it sounds. Repeating positive statements can make a person feel uncomfortable at the beginning.
How can I Increase the Effectiveness of Mindfulness Affirmations?
To overcome awkwardness, we should meditate on our affirmations. There are several benefits to this because our body will feel calm and remind us of our beliefs. Choose a self-relevant affirmation and breathe in that statement in every inch of your body.
Make sure to notice what you feel about the positive affirmation during the meditation. Exhale and challenge any negative self-talk. Repeat this exercise daily to increase the power of these affirmations.
Who Can Use These Positive Affirmations?
Anyone, including kids, can use these affirmations. There are empirical studies that repeated mindfulness affirmations create a habit of positive thinking for every family member. One of the key psychological theories behind this is the self-affirmation theory.
The theory suggests that positive affirmations work because the subconscious mind believes whatever we repeat to ourselves. This can nurture self-love and create more happy thoughts at a young age.
Therefore, it can begin a great path of success and positivity as kids continue to grow intellectually and emotionally in the future.
Which Positive Affirmations Should I Use?
Various people have found affirmations to be soothing, calming, and reassuring. They choose to repeat affirmations that resonate with those feelings within themselves.
Make sure not to pick anything that has a negative effect; otherwise, threatening information can enter your mind, defeating this exercise’s purpose.
Additionally, positive affirmations will be ineffective if people take them as wishful thinking. Instead, we should focus on why we should believe in a specific affirmation. Believe these phrases are the truth, and they can work wonders on the human mind.
Mindfulness Affirmations for Self-Confidence
Words of affirmation are similar to a mantra. They promote positive self-talk and the belief to do anything with more confidence in our daily life.
These positive affirmations can improve self-confidence. Continue using these morning affirmations daily to change negative self-related processing into positive ones.
- I’m resilient, strong, and an amazing person.
- I have the courage to deal with any negative feeling.
- I feel abundance and worthiness coming through me.
- I deserve health and happiness in my life.
- I can be calm and focus on whatever I put my mind to.
- I hope and believe that I can attain great success in my life.
- I’m valuable and love my friends and family.
- My feelings matter and deserve my attention.
- I am growing and learning every day.
- I can deal with stress and be happy at the same time.
Mindfulness Affirmations for Inner Calm
The intention behind this set of mindfulness affirmations is to face personal fears and anxieties. These affirmations improve self-related information processing in our brain systems. It’s essential to have the habit of repeating these positive phrases every day.
Following these mindfulness exercises will help others live in the moment and gain inspiration to follow a healthy lifestyle. Make sure to say these positive affirmations once a day.
- I choose to replace fear with love and acceptance.
- I don’t have to worry about problems that are out of my control.
- I’m listening to positive things.
- It isn’t wrong to prioritize my happiness.
- I allow myself to focus by completing work one step at a time.
- Everyday problems do not influence my determination to reach my goals.
- I have the power to deal with any difficulties I’ll face in the future.
- I am not my thoughts and fears.
- I choose life.
- I’m a guiding light to myself and those around me.
Mindfulness Affirmations for Living In The Now
Mindfulness affirmations are important to keep yourself in the present moment. Repeating these phrases is helpful when people are feeling lost in thoughts about the past or future.
Moreover, you can use these affirmations after taking a deep breath during meditation to improve focus.
- I am grounded in this present moment.
- I have everything that is needed to be successful in this world.
- I’m grateful for the air I’m breathing through my lungs.
- I am aware and mindful of my body and space.
- I’m free from any constraints.
- My mind is at peace and my heart is grateful.
- Everything I feel in this moment is exactly right.
- I’m happy about the kindness the universe has offered me.
- I love myself and allow others to love me.
- I focus on my goals and my growth as a human being.
Mindfulness Affirmations for Success
These affirmations cater towards kids to get them into the growth mindset early. This can help them be more successful in what they choose to do in the future. If you’re a parent, pick a positive affirmation that resonates with your child the most.
- I can learn from my mistakes.
- I can carry out difficult tasks.
- I learn and get better every single day.
- I am capable of doing anything.
- I can bring happiness to my friends and family.
- I should speak to others in a kind and friendly manner.
- I will make sure to complete any task given to me.
- Every day is a fresh start for something new.
- Good things will come my way.
- There is no one in this world like me.
Practicing positive affirmations is straightforward. All we need to do is pick a phrase and repeat it to ourselves. But what works for one person isn’t always going to be effective on others.
In such cases, one can make their own affirmations or pick new ones from the list and begin their mindfulness practice. Writing down affirmations is also a good idea.
All in all, mindfulness affirmations can help improve self-integrity by affirming what we believe in. In short, pick the ones you believe in to improve your chances of holistic success.